Testing for Businesses/Organizations
Employees are one of the most valuable assets of any business or organization – just ask the employer! They can make or break a company. Maximum productivity is the anchor to your success.
That’s why it’s important to take good care of them and give them all of the tools and resources necessary for success.
In addition to clear HR policies and safe workplace environments, your workplace drug and alcohol policy is critical. An official program highlighting your testing procedures and expectations for all employees is the best way to protect yourself and your business.
Test Smartly Labs is here to be your partner for drug testing needs.
Why is drug and alcohol testing in the workplace so important?
Not only can a drug and alcohol testing program at your workplace keep you and your employees safe, it can even save money.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor:
- Alcoholism causes 500 million lost workdays each year.
- The National Institutes of Health reported that alcohol and drug abuse cost the economy $246 billion in 1992.
- According to results of a NIDA-sponsored survey, drug-using employees are:
- 2.2 times more likely to request early dismissal or time off
- 2.5 times more likely to have absences of eight days or more
- 3 times more likely to be late for work
- 3.6 times more likely to be involved in a workplace accident
- 5 times more likely to file a workers’ compensation claim
To enjoy larger profits, less absenteeism, lower theft, and fewer claims and accidents, a drug and alcohol-free policy is critical to your workplace.
Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol testing
The Department of Transportation takes drug and alcohol extremely seriously. There are specific regulations that must be followed for DOT-approval. This includes physicals for drivers.
Test Smartly Labs is trained and approved to perform a range of DOT tests for many agencies under its jurisdiction.
Workplace wellness programs
In addition to drug and alcohol testing, Test Smartly Labs partners with employers for workplace wellness. From providing flu shots for the entire office to performing biometric screenings and running standard health panels, we’re here to help you ensure your employees are as healthy as they can be.