STD Recent Exposure Testing
Think you may have been exposed to an STD?
At Test Smartly Labs, can we run a panel of tests for you to find out for sure if you now carry an STD virus or infection. It’s critical to get tested as soon as you suspect you were exposed. Many STDs are asymptomatic but still lead some major health dangers.
How long will it take an STD to appear?
It’s important to keep in mind that, since STDs are different viruses and infections, they will take different time frames to show up in your body. This is called an “incubation” period.
Here’s approximately how long it will take for these STDs to show up in your blood or urine tests:
- HIV (a few weeks)
- Hepatitis B (3-12 weeks)
- Hepatitis C (as early as 4 weeks but most accurate at 12 weeks)
- Herpes (as early as 4 weeks but most accurate at 12 weeks)
- Syphilis (10-90 days but usually picks it up after 6 weeks)
- Chlamydia (few days to a few weeks)
- Gonorrhea (few days to a few weeks)
If you need an STD test, Test Smartly Labs is here to offer confidential services with accurate results.