Has it been over a year since your last period? You may have reached menopause.
Leading up to this day, there will be many signs and symptoms along the way, and they are known to occur several years before you’re officially in “menopause.”
Menopause symptoms often mirror the signs of aging:
- Thinning hair – especially on your head
- Don’t feel like yourself – mood swings, can’t sleep, struggle to focus
- Body temperature issues – especially hot flashes and night sweats
- Vaginal dryness and lower sex drive
- Changes in your periods – more time in between them and they’re shorter/longer or lighter/heavier
If you’re interested in anti-aging strategies and/or think you may have entered menopause, lab testing could provide the answers!
Lab Tests for Menopause
Most lab testing for menopause involves a look at hormones – major players in menopause.
It’s important to work alongside your medical doctor to determine which blood tests you need. Your personal health history and family history may come into play – and you may also find yourself needing treatment or therapies based on the side effects you’re experiencing and the outcome of your tests.
Test Smartly Labs makes sample retrieval easy and convenient. Our prices are much lower than those of hospital labs, and it’s easier to get in-and-out of our facilities.
Your doctor will likely recommend a series of tests. Our basic menopause panel includes:
- TSH (Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone)
- FSH, Follicle Stimulating Hormone + LH, Leutinizing Hormone
- Estradiol, E2
- Lipid Panel with LDL:HDL Ratio
If you think Menopause Testing could be for you, request that your doctor write you a script and either have their office call us to schedule an appointment for you… or request the appointment yourself by calling today.