It’s a painful experience. You’re ready to make a big step and welcome a new member of the family, but your pregnancy tests are always negative. After months of disappointment, you wonder – could I be infertile?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) defines infertility as:
“Not being able to get pregnant (conceive) after one year (or longer) of unprotected sex.”
The CDC estimates:
- About 6% of married women aged 15 to 44 years in the United States are unable to get pregnant after one year of trying (infertility).
- About 12% of women aged 15 to 44 years in the United States have difficulty getting pregnant or carrying a pregnancy to term.
Men AND women can experience infertility, and there are some steps that can be taken to overcome this relatively common problem.
Infertility Lab Tests
It’s important to work with your doctor if you have fertility concerns. A reproductive specialist can determine the cause and strategies for your family-building goals.
We offer a number of tests to uncover hormone imbalances. It’s best to let your doctor advise what needs checked.
Test Smartly Labs is a preferred lab testing partner for people in the area just like you, and we can get your blood work drawn in an easy-to-find, comfortable location.
To request your Infertility Test, let your doctor know and give us a call to schedule your appointment.
Lab tests we provide
At Test Smartly Labs, we offer lab tests for men and women to check for hormones that lead to sustainable pregnancies.
Male Fertility Panel
- T4 Thyroxine, Free, Direct, Serum
- Urinalysis, Complete With Microscopic Examination
- TSH (Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone)
- FSH, Follicle Stimulating Hormone + LH, Leutinizing Hormone
- Testosterone, Free (Direct), Serum With Total Testosterone
- SHBG (Sex Hormone Binding Globulin)
- DHEA-S (Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate)
- Estrogens, Total
You can also request a comprehensive and ultimate female fertility panel.