Lead Exposure Testing

Lead is a common type of heavy metal. As common as it is, lead poisoning itself is very rare. Lead poisoning, also known as plumbism, is nothing more than a buildup of lead in the body. Typically unlikely to happen overnight, build up of lead happens over weeks, months or years of exposure. Lead is all around us, in our everyday use and is naturally safe to be around. Over exposure to gasoline, paint, x-ray’s, batteries, or other household products can cause serious harm to the body.

Since 1978, the US has banned lead-based paints and enforced other regulations limiting lead exposure. Caution is recommended if you live in an older home or work in an older building that still contains high amounts of lead.

Signs of Lead Poisoning

Awareness of lead exposure is especially important if you have children or are pregnant as well as if you work around a lot of lead products or live or work in old buildings.

Especially important in children or women who are pregnant are the symptoms and signs of lead poisoning. Always be aware of lead exposure and know the to protect yourself and your family.
The most common signs of lead poisoning are:

  • Fatigue, joint pain or pain the abdomen
  • Constipation, nausea, vomiting, baby colic
  • Loss of appetite, headache, insomnia
  • Hyperactivity or irritability
  • Long term: memory loss, learning disability or even stunted growth

Test Smartly Labs has the available resources to run a lead poisoning test to determine if the levels of lead in your body are in normal range. We don’t just specialize in drug testing services, our technicians are trained and experienced in a variety of health and wellness testing.

To schedule an appointment at a Test Smartly Labs facility, find a location nearest you today!