“Hi! How are you doing?
“Busy… and tired.”
Does this conversation sound familiar?
We’re busy and often tired. We keep hectic schedules, full calendars, and are often worn out!
Most people can unwind and rest watching a movie or cancelling an appointment. For others, tiredness won’t go away no matter how much you rest.
This is a sign of fatigue.
Tests we can run to detect fatigue
Fatigue stems from a number of problems, but low energy and weakness are nothing to ignore.
We encourage you to work with your doctor to understand the reasons behind your symptoms. They are likely to run several tests, some that may get you started include:
Your doctor can review your results with you and determine if more testing is needed.
Common Fatigue Panel of Lab Tests
The following tests are commonly run if you’re experiencing fatigue and need a starting place:
- Iron + Total Iron Binding Capacity (Fe + TIBC)
- Urinalysis, Complete With Microscopic Examination
- TSH (Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone)
- CBC, Complete Blood Count with Differential/Platelet Count
- Mononucleosis Test, Qual
- Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Acute Infection Antibodies
- Lyme Disease Antibodies, Total Immunoglobulins
- CMP14, Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
If you need an easy-to-find location at a lower cost than you’ll get at the hospital, give us a call.