Seasonal Allergy Testing
Seasonal allergies indicate you’re allergic to particles in the air that are usually not dangerous; however, when your body is around them, you have a reaction that may become hazardous to your health.
The National Institutes of Health says seasonal allergies involve:
- Weed Pollen – most notable for ragweed (amongst other weeds)
- Runs from August – November
- Counts are highest in the morning or on dry, windy days
- Grass Pollens
- Can be regional AND seasonal
- Only a few grasses cause allergies: Bermuda grass; Johnson grass; Kentucky bluegrass; Sweet vernal grass; Timothy grass; Orchard grass
- Tree Pollens – most common is oak (elm, hickory, sycamore and walnut can cause allergies too)
- Runs as early as January in southern states and May/June in Northeast
- Release huge amounts that can travel for miles
Seasonal allergies often come with symptoms like: runny and stuffy noses; uncomfortable, itchy, red or watery eyes; sneezing; asthma attacks.
If you’d like to find out what’s causing your symptoms, we can help. Give us a call today.
Seasonal Allergy Lab Panels
We offer various standard panels that can help pinpoint your allergies:
- 10-Panel Summer Grasses: Alternaria tenuis; Bahia grass; Bermuda grass; Cladosporium herbarum; fescue, meadow; Johnson grass; Kentucky bluegrass (June grass); Mucor racemosus; rye grass, perennial; Timothy
- 13-Panel Fall Weeds: Cocklebur; English plantain; goldenrod; kochia (firebush); lamb’s quarters; marsh elder, rough; mugwort; pigweed, rough; ragweed, false; ragweed, common/short; lenscale; wormwood/sagebrush; yellow dockweed
- 45-Panel Regional Inhalants: Bluegreass/June, Orchard, Fescue, Vernal, Rygrass, Redtop, Timothy, Brome, Aspergillus, Alternaria, Helminthosporium, Cladosporium, Penicillium, Rhizopus, SmutMix/Stemphylium, Candida Albicans, Ragweed Pigweed, Lamb’s Quarters, Greasewood, Marsh Elder, English Plantain, Dock/Sheep Sorrel, Sage, Saltbush/Scale Mix, Russion Thistle, Kochia/Firebush, Cottonwood/Aspen, Alder, Ash, Juniper/Cedar, Box Elder/Maple, Oak, Elm, Willow, Walnut, Hazelnut, Sycamore, Birch, Housedust-Mites, Cockroaches, Cat, Dog, Horse, Feathers-Mixed