Prescription Drug Testing
Prescription Drug Abuse on the Rise
Prescription drugs have helped thousands enjoy a better quality of life. However, as of 2010, around 16 million across the United States were reported to be using these drugs without a doctor’s supervision for at least one year. This correlates with a rise in ER visits for accidental overdose and admissions to drug treatment facilities.
Prescription Drug Testing | A Look at the Process
Our 10-12 Panel Lab-Based Drug Tests are tailored for prescription drugs and are a go-to solution for prescription drug testing and abuse. They’re designed to detect use of the most commonly-abused prescriptions on the market, often using urine testing.
Quick Results when You Really Need Them
- Depending on where you live, you may be able to screen prescription drug use with Instant Screens at Test Smartly Labs. Some states do require samples to be sent to a SAMHSA-certified lab for testing. We recommend using Lab-Based testing for most cases that involve suspected prescription drug usage.
- Instant Screen non-negative results must be confirmed by the lab, and results are usually available within 1 to 3 days.
- Negative results available in minutes on Instant Screens
A typical 10-panel test can detect:
- Phencyclidine (PCP)
10-Panel Instant Screen vs Lab-Based 10-Panel Test
The 10-panel drug test screens for 10 types of illegal and prescription drugs, and results can be provided in as little as eight minutes. While this can prove effective for large businesses that need fast results, non-negative results can and have caused innocent people to lose their jobs. For most effective and accurate results, our lab-based test offers the reliability you need in such a sensitive situation. They include:
- Professional Specimen Collectors
- Chain of custody
- Results in 1-3 days
- Confirmations on all non-negative metabolites
- Review by Medical Review Officer (MRO)