Benefits of Legal DNA Testing
Legal and non-legal DNA tests are exactly the same. What differs is the procedure you go through to get results. A legal test entails supervision (chain-of-custody) through the whole procedure, and there a number of advantages that go along it.
A DNA test is usually the most important you’ll take in your life – crucial decisions hinge on results. Legal testing is needed in instances where:
- You need to demonstrate or confirm somebody is a biological father or mother for custody agreements, child support arrangements, or adoption circumstances.
- You need to demonstrate you have the right to an inheritance.
- You require legal evidence for your taxes, will, or trust.
- You need to get your immigration visa accepted
- You are involved in a criminal situation
There are hundreds of stories out there, all of them exceptional, regarding why somebody had a legal DNA test performed. The important factor is to ensure the procedure was documented from the start to finish in order to optimize your investment and time.
A chain-of-custody test will record and check the origin of samples and confirm the samples remain untampered. Results are signed by a Ph.D. and notarized.
To request Legal DNA Testing, contact us today.